Meeting with a therapist in-person is an effective way to work through whatever life changes, situations, or circumstances you may currently be experiencing. One of the benefits of an in-person Christian counseling session is the development of trust and understanding that typically encourages self-realization in our clients. From there, in-person counseling continues to help our clients acknowledge problems and issues, and encourages them to think up solutions with gentle help and guidance from the counselor.
People choose to pursue counseling for any number of reasons and/or seasons in life. Here are just a few:
- Major life transitions such as preparing for marriage or preparing for parenthood
- Strained, fractured or even broken relationships (with a spouse, friend, family member, co-worker, etc)
- Desire to deepen relationships with loved ones
- Feeling depressed or anxious
- Feeling nervous, stressed or worried
- Parental disagreement in regards to child-rearing
- Concern regarding your child’s behavior
- Difficulty managing emotions
- Need/desire to deal with issues from the past (including abuse, trauma, neglect)
- Negative behavioral or habitual patterns
Meeting with a counselor can be helpful in any number of life’s circumstances. Whether the situation you find yourself in is new or old, temporary or long-lasting, having someone to walk with you as you transition to a happier, healthier place can be a valuable experience for you and those around you.