Date Night Conversation Starters
Want to feel more connected, more understood, and happier spending time together? It all starts with great conversation! Whether you’ve known spouse for thirty years, or you’re getting to know your new boyfriend or girlfriend better, this list will get your wheels turning and spark some great date night conversations!
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits –Proverbs 18:21
date night conversation starters (the lighter side)
- What’s the most interesting thing that happened to you this week?
- What’s the most challenging thing that you encountered this week? How did you respond?
- What are some things you’d like to do this week/month/year? Vacations? Projects?
- How have you seen God work this week?
- If money wasn’t an issue, how would you celebrate our next anniversary?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
- Who are your closest friends? What is one significant thing happening in their life?
- If you had a day off to do whatever you wanted to do, how would you spend it?
- What’s your favorite activity that we do together
- When was the last time you felt loved or appreciated by someone? What happened?
date night conversation starters (a little deeper)
- What expression of affection from me makes you feel most deeply loved or appreciated? What about that makes you feel that way?
- What would you say are my top 3 strengths? Can I tell you what I see as your strengths, too?
- In what ways have you longed for me to love you more?
- What things (if any) in our relationship concern you
- What do you think God likes about our relationship? What do you think He would like to be different?
- Describe your most satisfying sexual encounter with me? Who would initiate it? What would we be wearing? What would precede it? What would follow?
- What are 3 of my favorite things about you? (If they’re not sure, tell them!)
- What is your top life-dream? What do you think mine is?
- What do you think my God-given gifts are? What do you think are yours?
- Is there anything you’d like to do more often together? Any healthy routine or habit you’d want to establish?
I hope that this list of date night conversation starters helps you to feel more connected! If you feel that your relationships are lacking something more than just a date night filled with quality conversation, we’re here to help! We have many highly skilled counselors on our team who would love to help your relationship heal, grow and thrive! View all of our counselors here!
*This blog was last edited for grammar and clarity in October 2021
Want stay up to date on Cornerstone blogs? Follow us on social media!
Get Started at Cornerstone Christian Counseling
Pick A Convenient Location
We have offices throughout the
Greater Denver-Metro Area, Colorado Springs, and online counseling.
View All Therapists
Our Christian counselors are faithful, professionally licensed, and have a variety of specialties to serve your particular needs.
Schedule an Appointment
Let’s go! Contact us now through our secure online form or at 303-902-3068 to set up your first appointment.