Life is unpredictable right now, and many of us are feeling overwhelmed with insecurities and emotions as we try to make sense of a life lived in a COVID-19 world. But you don’t have to face this season alone. Instead, we want to make quality, God-honoring counseling available to all, as everyone deserves the opportunity to get help when they need it. Fortunately, our video-based, online therapy Christian counseling sessions make that possible for you! Whether you are looking for individual help, marriage counseling, family counseling, or even counseling for your child, we can meet you in the comfort of your home as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
We are currently offering online and in-person counseling sessions. Note: We will do our best to see clients in-person based on their preference, but some or all sessions may be moved online due to local capacity regulations.
Covid-19 Financial Aid
Many of us have been impacted financially by the turbulence of this season.
If that’s you, we want to help. Please apply by clicking the button below.
How do i match with a counselor?
You can view all of our counselors by checking out our Online Counselors page. Otherwise, you can fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page and our office team will help you find a counselor who is the best fit for your situation and your schedule. Once you’re all set up, you will use Zoom to log in and engage in secure, confidential conversation one-on-one with your assigned counselor.
HOW LONG ARE THE COUNSELING SESSIONS?
Each counseling session lasts approximately 45-minutes, and pricing applies to both individual and joint/couple/family sessions.
Elongated sessions (75-minutes) are also available at an additional cost.
WHAT ARE YOUR AVAILABLE HOURS?
Appointment times vary based on availability of your assigned counselor. Typically we have counselors available Monday–Saturday between the hours of 9am-9pm.
Please keep in mind that Cornerstone Christian Counseling is not a crisis-counseling agency, and that same-day appointments are not typical. If you need immediate help, please go to your nearest emergency room or call 911.
how do your online sessions work?
All of our online counseling sessions are over a secure, safe, and fully HIPAA compliant Zoom session. From the comfort of your home (or another quiet place), you can meet with your counselor “face-to-face” over video conference.
If you need help starting a Zoom session, please contact our office or watch this video.
We understand that many people are looking for a semblance of normalcy in their lives right now, and desire to meet with a counselor face-to-face instead of online. We are happy to oblige, and currently offer in-person sessions at limited capacity based on current local regulations. That being said, the health and safety of our clients as well as that of our counselors is of utmost importance to us. As such, we kindly ask the following of you at each counseling session:
- Please wait in your car – not in our waiting areas – until the time of your appointment. Text your counselor to let him/her know you’re here and they will meet you at the building entrance.
- Please wear masks in our common areas and hallways.
- Please be advised your temperature will be taken before your counseling session starts. If your temperature is higher than 99.4, we will take your session online or ask you to reschedule your appointment for another time.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter our rooms, any time after you touch your face, blow your nose, etc., and at the end of your session before you leave.
- Please be advised we are implementing contactless payment – no cash or checks will be accepted
- Please opt to have your session online if you are experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness or have been in close contact with an exposed or symptomatic person. You can contact your counselor or our office to change your appointment. Please be advised that in most cases, our 24-hr cancellation policy still applies.