1. What draws you to the counseling field? Why do you want to become a therapist?
From Middle School and beyond, I was the friend everyone turned to when they wanted to be heard. I love people and hearing their stories. I definitely feel God’s hand leading me to counseling and I could not be more excited about it!
2. HAVE YOU BEEN THROUGH COUNSELING YOURSELF? WHAT WAS THAT EXPERIENCE LIKE FOR YOU?
I had the opportunity to meet with a few counselors over the years. It was always a very positive experience. I was able to work through whatever issue I was experiencing and my life wouldn’t be the same without it. The tools I learned from each counselor still help me continue to grow today.
3. WHAT WOULD YOU TELL SOMEONE WHO is CONSIDERING COUNSELING?
Try it out! There’s no better feeling than knowing you are not alone in the struggles life throws at all of us.
4. WHAT ARE YOUR SPECIALTIES?
I love all people! I enjoy working with anyone who has a story to tell and is ready to move towards healing. My specialities include stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, life transitions, self esteem issues, social skill building, relationship improvement, and individual and couples counseling.
5. what is one random or fun fact about you?
My first and last name have the same amount of letters…Oh and one time I swam with sharks!
If you’re curious about what it takes to become a Christian counselor, Colorado Christian University has a great blog about this exact subject!