STEP 1: Pick Location > STEP 2: Pick a Counselor > STEP 3: Schedule Appointment
Philosophy and Therapeutic Approach
When I felt the Lord’s leading to pursue my degree in counseling, I honestly didn’t know what to expect. To me, therapy was for people who just didn’t “have it together.” As I continued on this journey, I was humbled to meet with people just like myself who put the stereotypes aside, and were brave enough to be vulnerable. I have seen that in this bold step to expose pain and hurt through the process of therapy, true healing can come. We were not meant to walk alone.
What I have discovered so far is that no one I know has it “all together,” as we all need help to point us in God’s direction.
YOU have been specifically designed for a purpose, and I believe God will show you more of what this means during this chapter of your journey.
My formal training is in Marriage and Family Therapy, which means I take a more relational approach. This means you are not the only person I will see in the room, so to speak. We will look into influencing relationships as well as your family of origin and environment in order to bring understanding to what you may be struggling with. My prayer is that through this approach, we can shed light on answers which can bring healing and hope. If you bring a spouse/partner with you, or even members of your family, we can work together to find solutions that last.
What to Expect
- Therapy is about a further discovery into your identity, calling, and destiny. We have not been designed to live as “islands,” alone in the ocean of life. Therapy can help mend hurt relationships, and even those you may feel there is no hope for.
- Therapy is about YOU. Our time together will be at your pace.
- As your therapist, I would be honored to come alongside as a coach and cheerleader as we take a collaborative approach to bringing a solution centered lens to your specific needs.
- Therapy is non-judgmental and safe. My commitment is to be honest with you, as I am not just about making you “feel” good. I realize you are seeking real help, and that is what I’m about.
- Therapy can be a process in which you may experience pain or tensions as we work together for the change you desire. We will ride these waves together, and trust our Maker, as I believe He is the true and only Healer. Even if you have been struggling or “on the fence” about who God is, please know you are not alone. I will walk alongside of you.
I earned my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friends University in Wichita, Kansas in 2015. During my time in the program, I provided therapy to couples, families, individuals, and children as an intern at the Friends University on-site counseling center. After completing my post-graduate experience, I received my designation as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in 2018.
I also have experience as an in-home therapist for troubled teens struggling with drug dependency, and other personal challenges that cause them to be at risk in addition to broken communication with their parents. In working with both teens and parents, I have been able to help create change to positively impact the family. It is not always easy, but I am thankful to have these real life experiences to become better equipped as a real world therapist with God solutions.
I love spending time with friends and family as much as I can. I am grateful to serve in worship ministry at my church here in Colorado Springs, as music has been a passion of mine for many years.
I love spontaneous outdoor adventures in the mountains, but REALLY love the ocean. I like to vicariously live through friends who get to visit it more often than I do (which isn’t much)! I love discovering new things, love to laugh at the littlest things, and just enjoy what each day brings. I’m amazed I get to live in direct line-of-sight of Pikes Peak, and am thrilled each time I get to see the sun setting behind it.
I appreciate good coffee, and have plans to visit each coffee shop in town at least once.
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14
We're Here For You
Simply fill out the form, call, or email and we'll reach out to you within 24 hours.
Questions or not sure what next step to take? We're here for you! During our working hours you'll likely be able to connect with someone on our admin team immediately.
Please feel free to email us directly using the email below.
Email: [email protected]